JOB DESCRIPTION: Prep Cook
Verde Bistro is seeking immediate position for cook. (Brunch, lunch, and dinner – tapas, salad and pizza)
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Ensures food is ready at the right time, in the right order so that it arrives ready to eat and at the right temperature
• Ensure proper opening/closing procedures are followed
• Strong food knowledge and execution skills, experience with food safety and sanitation, and valid ServSafe certification.
• Outgoing and friendly personality
• Be inspired and contribute to ideas for dishes Personal attributes & experience.
• Highly flexible, as no two days are the same
• Have impeccable attention to detail Create a great amosphere and be a team player. Be a positive person.
• Have a sense of ownership and accountability Open 6 days a week
• Preparing and cooking food orders to meet product quality standards
• Knowledgeable of and utilizes a variety of cooking and food preparation equipment and techniques: the grill, fry station, Dressing items to order
• Packaging all menu items and checking for product quality and consistency
• Cleaning including trash disposal, mopping, sweeping, washing dishes, wiping counter-tops and sanitizing food areas.
• Inspects food and food preparation to maintain quality standards, temperature standards, and sanitation regulations.
• Maintains work area in a clean and orderly condition. Cleans up after preparation of foods.
• Complies with the Department of Health regulations, as well as the facility’s policies and procedures for food handling and storage.
• Reports to work as scheduled in a clean, neat uniform.
• Supervises food service aides as assigned.
• Garnishes and decorates dished preparatory to serving to enhance presentation.
PHYSICAL, COGNITIVE, AND SENSORY REQUIREMENTS
• Walking, reaching, bending, grasping, pushing, pulling
• Ability to remain calm under stress.
• Must function independently, have flexibility, personal integrity, and the ability to work effectively with residents, personnel and support agencies.
• Ability to demonstrate patience, tact, courtesy, enthusiasm, and a positive attitude.
• Must be able to relate to and work with the ill, disabled, elderly, emotionally upset, and at times hostile residents within the facility.
• Ability to read and write in English.
• Must be able to lift and transfer a minimum of 25 pounds.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
OTHER JOB DUTIES
Other duties that may be assigned to assist in maintaining quality standards and maintaining the facility as a viable and successful entity.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
|Target State: Texas|
Target City : Bulverde
Last Update : Apr 06, 2018
Number of Views: 10
|Item Owner : Mari Olivas|
Contact Phone: (None)
|Friendly reminder: Click here to read some tips.|