WPI MICRO e-PORE Microinjection Transgenic animals| Cell Manipulation | Electroporetion
A transgenic animal is one whose genome has been altered by the transfer of a gene or genes from another species. In biomedical research, in the laboratory, transgenic animals are routinely used as models. Over 95 percent of those users are genetically modified rodents, predominantly mice. Using Transgenic animals in scientific research give the researchers some added benefits.
The benefits of transgenic animals:
• Large-scale, low-cost production is independent of proximity to the oceans and with reduced environmental impacts.
• Increased growth rates.
• Improved disease resistance
• Improved food-conversion rates
• Leaner meat.
• Increased muscle mass.
• Improved wool quality.
• Improved nutritional quality or appeal.
• More efficient use of indoor water-recycling plants
• Models of human disease processes
• As organ transplant donors to humans
• Genetic Research
To know more about transgenic animals, click the link below
|Related Link: Click here to visit item owner's website (0 hit)|
|Target State: Florida|
Target City : All Cities
Last Update : Jun 28, 2019
Number of Views: 20
|Item Owner : Sai Roy|
Contact Phone: 7890278532
|Friendly reminder: Click here to read some tips.|